tone is something different from the color tone of your skin (which can be
light, medium or dark). Your complexion will stay the same regardless of your
exposure to the sun, even if you are pale in winter and tanned in summer. There
are three different shades: cold, warm and neutral . It may be useful to
know them, it can help you choose a lipstick, find the best hair color and know
which colors to choose to highlight you.
- Wash your face. Wait a quarter of an hour. Your skin should be clean and should not be covered with makeup, lotion or other products. It should sit for about a quarter of an hour before you take care of it, because it will look pinker after you rub it in and it will be difficult for you to see your true shade.
- Find a source of natural light. Different bulbs can have a different effect on your skin. They could give you a more yellow or green complexion which will interfere with the color of your skin. Choose a sunny place to find your nuances to avoid going wrong. Try to sit by a window. If you have a place where you can sit outside, go for it.
- Look at the color of the veins in your wrist. It’s a quick way to determine your nuances if your veins are visible. Keep your arm in natural light and determine the predominant color.
- If you can’t figure out if your veins are green or blue, you have a neutral skin tone.
- If you have an olive complexion, you probably fall into this category.
- If your veins look green, you have a warm complexion.
- If they look blue or purple, you have a cold complexion.